Here is a recipe that is famous around the world. It is not only famous in India, but also in Europe, America and other parts of the world. It is something really unique about Chicken Tikka that it is loved all over the world. The spices mixed in soft chicken and scrumptious Red Karamat Gravy will make it want more & more. Checkout Chicken Tikka Masala Recipe using our Gravy base and you will be able to make the dish in no time!
RECIPE TYPE: MAIN COURSE
CUISINE: NORTH INDIAN, PUNJABI
200-250 gm chicken tikka
½ onion, diced
½ green capsicum, diced
1 tomato deseeded, diced
½ tsp cumin seed
1tbsp ginger paste
1tbsp garlic paste
1 ½ tsp coriander powder
2tsp red chilli powder or as per required
1tsp turmeric powder
1tsp garam masala
3tbsp cooking cream
1 ½ grated mawa/khoya
180-200gm karamat red gravy, cooked
1tsp lemon juice
1tsp kasuri methi
Salt to taste
- Put the oil in a pot and heat it up. Add the bay leaf, cumin seeds and fry them for a minute. Add the ginger, garlic & chilli paste, saute for a couple of minutes.
- Add onion and capsicum, saute until soft transparents. Then add tomato & saute.
- Add all masala and cook this masala well. Add the mawa and cream mix gradually.
- Add water if required then add Karamat Red Gravy & cook unitl the oil separates from it.
- Add chicken tikka and let it cook for few minutes. Adjust the seasoning.
- Add lemon juice & kasuri methi, cover it and let it simmer for a few minutes on a medium flame.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.